When most people hear the word “investment,” they usually think of traditional investments like stocks or bonds. This is a very narrow definition. Investing is putting money, time and energy into something that will pay off later. Likewise, investing in HVAC system maintenance and duct cleaning is a smart decision homeowners should make. You can help improve your system and protect it year-round by scheduling routine maintenance and Air Duct Cleaning Sugar Land. This blog discusses the importance of duct cleaning, how cleaning services work, and when you need to clean your home’s ducts.
The importance of air duct cleaning
Your family breathes the same air flowing through the ducts every day. If left unchecked, your home’s plumbing can contain allergens, such as pet dander and pollen, that can return to your home and cause health problems. These pollutants can cause health problems for people with allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions. But when you clean the ducts in your home, you’ll help improve air quality and keep your environment free of airborne microbes.
Dirt can restrict airflow to the HVAC system. This means your AC furnace has to work harder and use more energy to do its job. However, by keeping the air ducts clean and clear, you will ensure maximum efficiency and performance of your equipment.
Dirty or clogged ventilation systems can lead to damaged coils, contamination, and other problems that often result in expensive repairs. Incorporating duct cleaning into routine maintenance will extend the life of your HVAC system.
How duct cleaning services work
When choosing a reliable service provider, they will offer the following services as instructed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency:
- Open access doors to allow cleaning and inspection of the entire system.
- Proper inspection of the system before cleaning to ensure no asbestos-containing materials are present in the HVAC system. Remember, these materials require specialized treatment. You shouldn’t do it on your own and only allow trained and equipped professionals to do this job.
- Use a vacuum machine to remove particles and exhaust them outside the home. The professionals should only use high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) equipment to exhaust inside the house.
- Protect your belongings, including household furnishings and carpets, during cleaning.
- Use controlled brushing while cleaning the air duct together with vacuum cleaning to remove dust and debris.
- Use soft-bristled brushes for sheet metal ducts and fiberglass duct boards.
- Carefully clean and take measures to protect the ductwork. This includes sealing and re-insulating holes. They will ensure the ductwork is airtight once they finish cleaning.
- Follow NADCA’s standard guidelines for air duct cleaning sugar land tx and NAIMA’s recommendations for ducts with fiberglass lining or duct board.
When to clean your home’s air ducts
Air ducts are passages that allow cooling and heating air to flow through your home. Similar to any other HVAC system, these ducts also require regular maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency. According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), you should clean your air ducts every 3 to 5 years. With some methods, cleaning recommendations can be extended to 6-8 years. You might consider cleaning your air ducts right away to reduce the buildup of mold and other contaminants that can cause allergic reactions and other health problems for you and your family.
What is the season for sewer cleaning? Spring is the best time to clean your air ducts to make sure you and your family aren’t breathing in harmful microbes, dust, dirt, and other contaminants.
Hiring a professional to clean your ducts and regularly maintain your HVAC system are smart decisions every homeowner should make. This will help improve the indoor climate of your home. Giving this job to the right contractor will ensure efficient maintenance and a longer lifespan. It can also help you save on your budget, as you no longer have to pay for frequent repairs, and duct cleaning can significantly reduce energy consumption.
If you’re looking for a contractor to clean your air ducts, contact Sugar Land’s air quality experts. We provide your family with fresh and healthy air in your home. Plus, regular maintenance by our experts ensures that the air circulating in your home is free of air pollutants. Once you entrust us with duct cleaning, our professionals will determine which cleaning method your home needs. Unlike other contractors, we try to use the best technology for continuous improvement, rather than trying to get in and out.
Give us a call today to get free cost estimates and superior services. You can also visit our website by following this link: https://www.airqualityexpertstx.com/
Business Name: Air Quality Experts TX
Phone: (346) 803-2982
Sunday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Monday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM